The K2 theme provides a number of additional hooks into the template. If you’re handy with PHP you can easily add any manner of arbitrary content to these 10 regions. For everyone else, there is K2 Hook Up.
Which Hooks are available?
- Body Top
- Right after the opening <body> tag
- Before Header
- between the <div id=”page”> and <div id=”header”> blocks
- Below the <p class=”description”> block
- Header Menu
- Inside the <ul class=”menu”> block. Use this one to add <li> items to your navigation
- Before Content
- Before all of the content in <div class=”content”> (this includes the sidebars)
- Primary Begin
- Before the Rolling Archives block (and after the notices div)
- Primary End
- After the dynamic content (and before the closing tag for the primary div)
- After Content
- After all of the content in <div class=”content”>
- Before Footer
- Before the start of the <div id=”footer”> block
- Inside the <div id=”footer”> block, before the powered by links
For more info, and to see how the hooks are integrated into the mark up, check out the K2 CSS and Custom CSS wiki.